Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Leek Dilemma

I have a very strange way of figuring out what I want to cook. Usually I have an ingredient that pops into my head, and as I let it simmer in the back of my mind throughout the day, I get certain ideas on how I want to make it and what else I want to include. Obviously this can be a lot of trouble, especially if I can't decide on what ingredients to incorporate or what I want to make.

Today's ingredient is the Leek.

Why on earth do I want to cook with leeks? I have never used them before, although I have been wanting to try a potato leek soup for a while. But that's not what I want to make. I want to do a leek slaw to top a roasted chicken breast. And I want to give it an Asian flavor. How? No idea.

My usual route when coming up with a recipe is to go to Google for ideas. No luck. Almost every slaw recipe is mainly cabbage. Okay, next stop foodgawker. (I'll admit it, I love to look at the pretty pictures and I usually do get some nice ideas.) No luck there either, though there are a good many ideas for baked dishes.

What am I going to do? Wing it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment