Thursday, August 1, 2013

Buffalo Chicken "Wraps"

Well, they were supposed to be wraps. But I picked up the wrong size tortillas. So they became tacos instead, but they were really really good, so it doesn't really matter. I came up with this one as I was standing in the freezer section of my local grocery store, debating if I wanted to buy chicken patties for lunch.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of frozen food or prepared foods in general - my philosophy is if I didn't make it, I can't know for sure what is in it. But I am a fan of frozen chicken patties - the ones Tyson makes. They're really easy to make, although they're not very quick, since if they go in the microwave they tend to turn to rubber. (Toaster ovens are perfect here!)

But the buffalo chicken strips are another matter entirely.

First, follow the directions to cook the chicken - I used Tyson's, I haven't seen any other brand. It took about 20 minutes to make them in the oven, and they were nice and crispy. Then, take an eight inch tortilla and put it on a plate. Spread about a teaspoon of franks red hot buffalo sauce around the middle (or whichever you like, that's what I use). Tomato goes on next, with some shredded lettuce. I chopped some carrots and celery and put that on the lettuce. Next comes the chicken - I chopped it, but I could have done strips or even just left them whole. Top with some blue cheese dressing and fold in half. Ta-daa!

No comments:

Post a Comment